The emagiC CMS.Net framework does not include a blog module. The main reason is that many open source blogging systems, rich in features and for free, are available for download on the internet.
Some of these blogging systems even support the possibility to write your own custom login procedure. By using web services, you can easily connect to your emagiC CMS.Net implementation to use the emagiC CMS.Net users/administrators for authentication.
Hereafter you can find a selection of free blogging systems based on the Microsoft .NET Framework :
BlogEngine.NET is an open source .NET blogging project that was born out of desire for a better blog platform. A blog platform with less complexity, easy customization, and one that takes advantage of the latest .NET features. BlogEngine.NET was designed using the current .NET framework and focused on simplicity, ease of extendibility, and innovative features.
Plug ’n play
BlogEngine.NET is very easy to setup and customize. No database configuration, just plug ‘n play.
BlogEngine.NET comes with all the features you would expect from a modern blog engine as well as new unique features such as AJAX comments and screenshot trackbacks.
BlogEngine.NET features social bookmarks, OpenSearch support, XFN tags, AJAX, FOAF, SIOC, APML, Gravatars, coComments, tag cloud, Google sitemap and other so called Web 2.0 features.
The referrer statistics enables you to see which websites link to you, so you can follow up with comments or just to have fun.
There is a variety of cool widgets that such as an AJAX post calendar, blogroll, ....
Advanced comment system
Comments are a very important part of a blog, so BlogEngine.NET features a very advanced commenting system in AJAX that supports country flags, live preview, Gravatars and coComments.
Full syndication suite
BlogEngine.NET supports syndication feeds in any possible location. You can find feeds on comments, categories, authors and a main feed. Both RSS 2.0 and ATOM 1.0 are fully supported.
Trackbacks and pingbacks
All outgoing links from the posts is tracked- and pinged back, so your blog will get listed in the comments on the linked website if it supports it.
The search capability of BlogEngine.NET is one of the most advanced and it even allows the visitors to search in the comments.
Besides regular blog posts, BlogEngine.NET supports the creation of static pages that exist outside the blog chronology.
BlogEngine.NET fully supports multiple authors to write posts on the same blog.
BlogEngine.NET is built from the ground up using nothing but C# and ASP.NET 2.0 all with simplicity in mind. So a .NET developer can easily create extensions to the blogging system.
dasBlog is an open source blogging application that doesn't require a database! It runs on ASP.NET 2.0 (or later) and is developed in C#. It has a rich templating engine, easy to develop macros and lots of great features.
- Automatic referral and trackback blacklist update
- CAPTCHA integration for non-admin users
- Ability to delete referrals and trackbacks directly from the administration interface
- Delete comments directly from your mail reader
- Comment moderation option
- Blog statistics log
- Comments can be "closed" for a given entry
- Entries can be set to IsPublic (i.e. working drafts before release)
- Large calendar view with posts
- Tagcloud support
- Support for mobile browsers like blackberries and smartphones
- Support for gravatars
- Support for limited HTML markup in comments
- Multi-user/blogger support
- Emailed daily activity reports
- Support for blogging directly from Word 2007
- RSS 2.0 and ATOM 1.0 output
- Custom macro plugin model without recompiling
- Automatic disabling of comments after a certain number of days
- Ajax autosave drafts support
Subtext is a personal blog publishing platform that focuses on usability, elegance, and simplicity. The guiding philosophy behind Subtext is to remove hindrances to online expression. A blogging platform should be easy to understand, set up, and use. Subtext is a fork of the popular .TEXT blogging platform.
- Unlimited numbers of blogs
- Multiple categories
- Draft mode view
- RSS 2.0 and ATOM 1.0 output
- Ping- and trackback
- Referrer logs (per blog and post)
- Import/export data by using BlogML
- CAPTCHA integration
- 1 user account per blog
- 1 user account to administer the different blogs
- Moderation of comments
- Easy skin switch
- Search engine friendly url's