What's new in v8.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
emagiC CMS.Net v8.0 runs on the Microsoft .NET Framework version 3.5.
With the new GoogleMap module, you can embed Google maps in your web pages. Each Google map can contain several markers. The map and markers can be customized through several properties (set by code or through the emagiC CMS.Net administration interface).
Last modified datetime
The LastModified control renders the last modified datetime of a page or a datapart. The control can be included in page skins and/or module skins.
- For each role, you can define detailed administration rights on documents and document folders to prevent unauthorized access.
- The maximum number of documents allowed in a document folder can be set through a parameter in the web.config file.
- The "overwrite" option has been removed when adding/modifying documents.
- For each role, you can define detailed administration rights on images and image folders to prevent unauthorized access.
- Images can be uploaded from within the Image Gallery (accessible through the wywiwyg editor).
- The maximum number of images allowed in an image folder can be set through a parameter in the web.config file.
- The "overwrite" option has been removed when adding/modifying images.
For each role, you can define the allowed languages accessible from within the wysiwyg editor.
- A default language can be set in the definition file. When no data is available for a given language, the different XData module controls can display the data in the default language by setting the UseDefault property to True.
- The new Empty property of the XDataSelection control can be used to display some given information when the selection yields no results.
- The referenceId property has been added for XData items and categories.
- The XD_Empty control can contain an XD_Condition control.
- The FirstLink, PreviousLink, SpacerLink, DotsLink, NextLink and LastLink sections of the XD_OverviewPaging and XD_DetailPaging controls can contain an XD_Condition control.
- The new Empty property of the XFormsSelection control can be used to display some given information when the selection yields no results.
- The referenceId property has been added for XForms items and categories.
- The XF_Empty control can contain an XF_Condition control.
- You can change the width of the wysiwyg editor to fit the actual width of the datapart on the website. This way you can see how it will look like on the website.
- You can now remove selected instances of a datapart.
- You can copy/paste and clear a whole region at once.
- Extranet users can be enabled/disabled.
- For pageskins, contentskins, containers and stylesheets, you can upload a preview image.
- If the path name of a page starts with a slash ( / ), the path will not contain the path name of the parent pages.
- For stylesheets, you can define in which order the stylesheets must be added to the page. Possible values filename (= default) | filepath.
- DOCTYPE specification for the Community. This is the default doctype that will be used for displaying editor content and previews in the administration interface. The doctype should correspond to the doctype defined for the web pages in the default.aspx page.
- The sa administrators are NOT counted anymore. If you have a license for 10 administrators and 2 communities, you wil have a total of 12 administrators. The sa administrator of each community is not counted anymore.